Friday, March 4, 2011

Caterpillar Birthday Cake

Today will be a better day! I can feel it in my bones! (You can read my last post to see how my day went yesterday)

On my birthday each year my mom would ask, "What kind of cake do you want?"
It was fun to decide on a cake made especially for me! Then my mom would create the best cake (or pie sometimes) for my birthday. 
So when I asked my daughter what kind of cake she wanted last week, she said, "A caterpillar cake!"


If I could make it again, though, I wouldn't try to frost the sides of the cupcakes.  It was a little tricky. And I think it would have been easier for the kids to just pick up the cupcake if the sides didn't have frosting. :)


For the eyes, I just turned a couple chocolate chips upside down. And used the twisty twizlers for the legs, mouth, and antenna. (I didn't add the antenna until later...it looks a lot better with antenna!)






You could make a cute bookworm for a book club party, or a green or blue caterpillar for a boy!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Too cute Heidi!

Jinky said...

Just in time Heidi! I think I'll make this for my nephews bday we're celebrating tomorrow! --Cool idea for a book club too.

Yeay, 3lbs lost!! Keep it up. You can do it!!

oil painting dvds said...

This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content and images as well! Thanks for sharing this! Looks delicious...Daniel