Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wormy Cupcakes and Frosting Recipe

My second oldest son just turned 10.  He's growing up so fast! I think his birthday might be his favorite day of the year.  He requested I make the worm cupcakes for his class this year.


We didn't have a big party with friends this year. It was just a low key family party (my favorite kind).


I had fun playing around with my cake frosting tips.  He thought it was a "cool" cake!


So to decorate the worm cupcakes....

Fill your blender halfway full with some oreos. I used Double Stuff Oreos. 








Pretty simple, and his class loved them!


Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting

1/3 C softened butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
5 C powdered sugar
1/2 C milk

Using an electric mixer, mix all the ingredients together...but add the powdered sugar and milk a little at a time.  Add more or less powdered sugar and/or milk depending on desired consistency.



Photobucket

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Boys always love bugs and dirt. And I can't wait to make that frosting!