Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Need an Hour of Me Time?

My little kindergartner had to make a  project with 100 items for the 100th day of school.  So she glued 100 little marshmallows onto a cardboard heart.  And of course little sister wanted to join in the fun.  

The trick for her was to put the marshmallows in a mini muffin pan.  She had so much fun sorting them in the different compartments.  They spent at least an hour doing this! It was awesome! And I able to get some bills paid AND take a shower!

I'm sure there are several items your little ones would have fun sorting in the different muffin tins.
Try some of these:
crayons
cotton balls
M&M's
Scrabble tiles (great for learning their letters)
small carrot/vegetable slices (a fun way to eat lunch!)



Photobucket

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I remember bringing in 100 items for school when I was little! How cute. What a great idea with the marshmallows.