Sunday, February 6, 2011

Burlap Valentine's Day Wreath

I wish I could take credit for this...but I remember seeing a burlap wreath last year that was just so adorable.  I wish I could remember what blog it was from!


The red burlap fabric was $3.99 per yard at JoAnne's. But I had a 50% off coupon...so I only paid $1.98 per yard!
Want to make one???

*You will need about 3/4 yard for one wreath.  The diameter of my wreath is about 12 inches at the widest point.
*Use wire that is pretty thick so it can hold it's shape.
*Burlap for the roses
*Twine to hang it up.
*hot glue

Cut out strips of burlap. My strips were about 2 1/2 inches wide.  I used 9 strips.


"Sew" the fabric onto your wire.


Make sure you make a loop on the end...or all your hard work will just slide off the end!


Make some fun fabric roses, and hot glue them on.

Here's a video tutorial....
By the way, I've been sick with the flu...so my voice sounds like a frog!




Tie the jute twine, or ribbon, onto the wire for a hanger.


Happy Valentine's Day!!!



Photobucket

9 comments:

Schneider Family said...

Well, you are being quite crafty! Did you make the fabric roses? Those are really good. I am impressed. This is a cute idea!

Jinky said...

Simply lovely!! I could actually make this one, except I'd need a tutorial on the roses please... :D

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

This is so pretty!
Thanks for the visit!
XO
Kristin

Heidi said...

Your wish is my command, Jinky! I just added a video for making the flowers. I was trying so hard not to cough!

I'm the Mom that's why said...

LOVE it!!!! I was wanting to make something great for the front door and now I can ..I may try another fabric that I already have I will let you know how it turns out!!!!

I'm the Mom that's why said...

Ok, so instead of doing whatever else I needed to do today i made a wreath!!! Check out my blog I think it turned out pretty cute and I only used what I had onhand...except for a wire hanger from my neighbor...

Kristin said...

Heidi,
You go girl! Can I copy this? I have some red burlap and I know how to make flowers! Love it, Love it!
Kristin

Heidi said...

Thanks Kristen! Copy away! After all, I copied it for memory from another blog. :)

And Rachel, your wreath turned out so awsome!

Lisa said...

That is just to dang cute! Might have to give this one a try! Still crafting even though you are sick, that is dedication! LOL