Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ziploc Dinner Prep!

Is it 5:00 and you have absolutely no idea what you'll make for dinner???
One thing that saves my sanity during this time is having the prep work already done!

How would you like to have Old Fashioned Chicken Pie made and in the oven in 20 minutes?

Or how about some homemade Chicken Noodle Soup?

Find some recipes that use similar ingredients....
These 2 recipes both have chopped onions, celery, carrots, and chicken.

So I like to put a bunch of chicken breasts in a pot, and boil them.  Then I chop them up, let them cool a bit, then separate how much I'll need for each recipe into quart size ziploc bags.
Next, I separate the chopped veggies, and put them in gallon sized bags, and label them.



Then I put the chicken bag into the gallon/veggie bag...and there you go!
You now have the basic prep work done. Just put it in your fridge, and pull it out when your ready to make it!


Of course, you can use tupperware-type containers too. Whatever floats your boat!


Another example of ziploc preps that I do are...

Chicken Stir Fry and Chicken Kabobs
(cut up raw chicken in quart sized bag...bell peppers and onions in the gallon sized bag)

Photobucket

3 comments:

Sawdust and Paperscraps said...

Love this idea. Definitely checking out the pot pie recipe as we LOVE chicken pot pie. Thanks for the great idea!

Rhiannon said...

great idea! i used to make large meals and freeze them..... uh... and then forget about them in the fridge! LOL

Kitschalicious said...

That is a fantastic idea! Those homemade noodles look so good too! My grandma makes them and I love them. Just wish she were a bit closer to me though. I'll definitely have to try your recipe!