Friday, January 14, 2011

Valentine Cookies...SO GOOD!

When I was little, my mom would bake these YUMMY cookies and put a special one on each of our beds.  My very own cookie with my name on it! As a little girl it was such a treat!


These are labeled Valentine Cookies in my recipe box.


They are the best! I always double the recipe too!

Valentine Cookies

2/3 C butter or shortening (I always use butter)
3/4 C granulated sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 C sifted flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking pwd.
1/4 tsp. milk

Cream the butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla together.  Then add sifted flour and baking pwd., then lastly the milk. 
Chill dough for 1 hour, then roll out for some fun cookie cutting!
Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes.

Frosting

1/4 C butter (room temp)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. milk
2 C powdered sugar

Blend butter, vanilla, salt, and milk.  Then slowly add the powdered sugar.  Add more or less milk and powdered sugar depending on the desired consistency.


I'm gonna linky-dink this recipe to Funky Junk's SNS, HERE. Go check out all the fun stuff!



Photobucket

4 comments:

Ronda Batchelor said...

That cookie looks so goood!!! Thanks for the comment.
Ronda

AliLilly said...

WOW!! I'm going to have to try these!! They look and sound great!

Thanks for your super sweet comment on my wreath!!

Did you know your a noreply comment blogger? If you didn't I can tell you how to fix it! Just shoot me an email amiallison73 at yahoo dot com

Secret Garden Cottage said...

How wonderful to carry on the tradition that your mom did with you with your own children. Your cookies look adorable and DElicious!
Have a great weekend!
~ Jo :)

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Wow, they sound just like the valentine sugar cookies I make! I use peppermint in mine for something a little different. Yours are so beautiful!

Donna