Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My New Picnic/Dining Table!

Two little lovebirds sitting in a tree!
K.I.S.S.I.N.G!
First comes love,
Then comes marriage,
Then comes 6 babies and a super big dinner table!


I've been searching Craigslist for a long table....forever!
I finally started looking into a picnic table, because well...we need to fit 8 people on a regular basis. 
Plus, a picnic table sounded inexpensive, yet sturdy.
So I found this one, handmade from redwood!


I sanded it, and scraped off the sap that had dropped on the top from the previous owner's tree.

Then I decided to add a bit of my own character.


I used an oil-based, semi-gloss, polyurethane.
And 3 coats later.....


I LOVE IT! And our whole family can HAPPILY sit around it...plus a few guests!

Have a great day!

I'll be linking to a new site I've found HERE at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Jinky said...

You're incredible!! That looks beautiful!! --I'm still looking for my talent. I better hurry and figure it out 'cause I'm not getting any younger!! :D

Kathy Peterson said...

It does look beautiful Heidi. You did a great job on it. Enjoy!!

Kristin said...

Great idea! I love rustic.

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

I love this table! And I love that you carved a heart in it. Too cute!
I'm gonna tweet about it.
blessings,
Traci