Monday, December 6, 2010

Love at Home Art

One of our walls was looking pretty blank, so I made this with a verse from one of my favorite hymns.
I love how it turned out, and can't wait to get some family photos up around it!


I painted a large board (about 4 feet by 2 feet) white, then lightly brushed over it with some stain.
After it dried, I used a sharpie permanent marker and wrote the words.
Then...sanded over everything a bit.

Then I attached some skinny strips of wood around the edges, and painted it with a brown/black mixture.





Here's the verse to Love at Home:

There is beauty all around
When there's love at home;
There is joy in every sound
When there's love at home.
Peace and plenty here abide,
Smiling sweet on every side.
Time doth softly, sweetly glide
When there's love at home.
Love at home, love at home;
Time doth softly, sweetly glide
When there's love at home.
Photobucket

1 comment:

C said...

I L-O-V-E this idea. How did you attach the wood to the sides?