Monday, November 1, 2010

Yam Fries

I just love this time of year! We had a blast at the pumpkin patch a few weeks ago....


We even got lost in the corn maze...


and my heart skipped a few beats when I saw this house on the other side of the pumpkin patch, so of course, I had to take a picture...



Anyways...

This time of year brings out my favorite recipes.  One quicky that I love is Yam Fries. It makes a great side dish with a soup or chicken. I don't have any fancy pictures...but you get the idea.



Cut the yams into strips as evenly as possible. 
Place on a cookie sheet.
Drizzle with a couple tablespoons of olive oil.
Add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
Salt and pepper (I like lots of pepper)
Then mix it all together using your hands, and lay them all out flat, and in rows.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 15-20 minutes total (or until tender...and a bit crispy around edges), turning the yams over halfway through.


Enjoy!
Photobucket

2 comments:

I'm the Mom that's why said...

Sounds delicious...I have a similar recipe but I am going to try these...I've never used brown sugar before on them...sounds yummy!

Jinky said...

I tried this last year ... didn't fool my kids! May look like french fries but... :(