Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wooden Manger and Star

I made a bunch of these for centerpieces a couple years ago.  They all were given away after the Christmas party, but I saved one for myself. 


I used the "rough" fencing material. Cut the size that I wanted and nailed them together in an L-shape.
Then I cut 2 skinny strips for each end, and nailed them on to complete the manger.




For the star, I cut some twigs from outside, and tide it together with twine.
Then I tide it to a dowel and base.  For the base I simply drilled a small hole, then used wood glue to attach the dowel.




And for the finishing touch, I put muslin fabric in for the swaddling clothes, and some greenery around the base. 

I think this is a good way for my family to remember the true meaning of Christmas.  With all the hustle and bustle that we see in the store, it's nice to be reminded of the things that really matter! I'm so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I just love this time of year!

And I love my family! Look at those cute, crazy kids! I just turned 35 last week.   My husband brought home a Dairy Queen cake (I was planning on eating leftover pie...so it was a great surprise!) And I get to use a coupon for a 75 minute massage at some spa around here! Woo Hoo!!!




Photobucket

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Very Cute!
Happy late birthday and I love the picture of your kids!