Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pie Crust Edges

When I was little, I loved watching my mom make pie crust.  She made it look so simple! I loved how she made the edges too.  So this is how I have grown to flute my pie edges too.  It's fast and looks pretty!

Also, using a little cookie cutter, I quickly made a pretty pie top too.




There are so many beautiful ways to decorate pies. 




Image from www.projo.com





I use the lattice top on my chicken pies a lot.  It takes a few minutes, but it gives it that extra "love."

And finally, I saw this super cute idea HERE at http://www.gourmetmomonthego.com/.
I just love her website, and am a new follower.  Go check out how to make these little jar pies.


Good luck making all your favorite pies! I'll be making the traditional pumpkin pie, and apple pie for Thanksgiving.  And my son just requested cherry pie too! I think we'll have pie coming out our ears for a while.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jinky said...

I love pies! I've got to learn to make them someday soon. ~Your pie looks very pretty...love the hearts!! ..that jar pie looks interesting, I'll have to check that out later.

btw, thanks for commenting over at my blog. Almost done with Tom Sawyer so review coming. Anyway, stop by again when you can, I've got another giveaway going. :)