Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Stinky Diapers!

Dear Heidi,

How do you handle all those dirty diapers all day long? I don't really want to invest in a diaper genie, but I have 2 children in diapers still.  Any suggestions?

I had one of those diaper genies with my first child, but it was more of a pain than anything.  Plus, I really hated spending so much money on those garbage bag refills.

So, here is my suggestion...because it totally works for me...

It's one of those grocery sack organizer thingys.
Such a quick solution for the stinkiest diaper! Simply put it in a plastic grocery sack, tie a knot, and toss it into your kitchen trash can.  If you have an extra special diaper...simply double bag!
I bought mine at IKEA for a few dollars, but you can probably find them almost anywhere. 
I have a few friends (don't get mad at me!) who put their dirty diapers out on their doorstep because they don't want them to stink up the house.  The problem with that is that it attracts a TON of flies and is not a very pleasant welcome for your guests.
Anyone else have any other suggestions?


Photobucket

1 comment:

Kathy Peterson said...

At our family camp Dian said she uses large white trash bags (the kind with a nice deordorizing scent). She says it works great and is much cheaper than a diaper genie.