A very small budget calls for some fun...and free...entertainment!
Last night we went to an outdoor theater where a ballet company was performing The Little Mermaid. I went with my 2 oldest girls and they absolutely LOVED it! We went a little early so we could get some good seats.
Nothing beats good mommy and daughter time!
You can see the dancers doing their warm-ups on the stage.
Last week we decided to take advantage of this awesome summer weather and go to the beach...
Here's my 2 oldest boys braving the waves.
Bringing the playpen to the beach is a HUGE lifesaver. My little man just loved being outside for so long. I don't think he cried at all! We kept him under the beach umbrella the whole time and he was as happy as could be.
There are so many virtually FREE activities to do on the weekends with your family. Now that school is back in session, mark your calendars for some fun adventures! I love to give my kids something to look forward to after all that homework during the week.
Here's some suggestions that might help get your wheels turning...
1. Lowe's and Home Depot have children's building projects available usually once a month. Give them a call and see when they have them near you.
2. Visit a Museum or Botanical Garden. They usually have a day once a month when they have free or reduced price admission.
3. Most public libraries will have different activities on Saturdays, such as puppet shows, magic shows, etc. One library we used to live by had the humane society bring in a dog each week that the kids could sit and read to. It was really popular, and the kids loved it!
4. Pack a picnic and head over to the park or nearby stream.
5. Visit a nearby relative or friends and have a potluck brunch.
There are so many things to do...
The main goal though, is to just have fun, let your kids get dirty, and take lots of pictures because they just grow up way to fast!